Welcome to the Volunteer Zone
Welcome to the new and growing zone for St Denys Church Volunteers! You'll find a range of things here that help equip you to be a volunteer who is safe and informed.
Whether you are involved in practical tasks or pastoral roles, whether you are in contact with kids or adults, whether you are a team member or team leader... there is really important information here you.
Just click a link to find out more about..
Forms to Complete
- The Church of England Code of Safer Working - it's really useful and important - click here.
- For everyone volunteering on a team- click here
- For overall leaders of groups, teams or ministry areas - click here
- Planning ratios for kids’ activities - click here
- Transporting children or young people - click here
- Using social media - click here
- Visiting adults - click here
- Lone-working - click here
Safeguarding Guidance for…
- Quick Guide to Responding Promptly to Every Safeguarding Concern- A Quick Guide - click here
- Understanding the key concepts and definitions -click here
- Understanding signs, symptoms and types of abuse - click here
- If a child tells of abuse - click here
- If a parent or other person reports abuse - click here
- If a person discloses that they are harming a child, young person or adult - click here
- Helpful Contacts - click here
Important these documents are a summary for reference. They are no substitute for training.
For the full Safeguarding Practices and Guidelines Volunteer Guide, click here.
Policies To Read
- Safeguarding Policy Statement - click here
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders - policy - click here
- Our full Safeguarding Policies Document - click here.
- Promoting a Safer Church - Church of England Guidance - available here.
Training Information & Links
- Portal to National Safeguarding Training - click here
- Overview of Different levels of Safeguarding Training