A vibrant, welcoming and supportive group where adults can come together for conversation, activities and outings. We particularly welcome people who live with anxiety and mental health concerns. Denys Friendlies is a safe space for individuals to make friends and take part in activities as part of a group. We want all of our friends to feel welcomed. No need to book, just turn up and join in.
When? Mondays 10:00–12:00 (except for bank holidays)
Where? St. Denys church centre, in the meeting room.
Extra info: Free (though you’re welcome to put something in the pot towards refreshments)
Below are the guidelines Denys Friendlies keep in mind:
- RESPECT: Everyone is different (we think that’s brilliant!) please be respectful of other people, their thoughts, opinions and feelings.
- KINDNESS IS KEY: We want Friendlies to be a welcoming environment, where people feel supported to make new friends. Please be kind (even if you don’t agree)
- SAFETY: If you are concerned about the safety of yourself or someone you know, speak with a member of the team; under the safeguarding guidelines, we can support you in keeping safe.(Guidelines on Safeguarding will be followed, if you choose to disclose an issue with a member of the team, this may affect confidentiality)
- RESPECT CONFIDENTIALITY: We want our friends to feel secure if they choose to disclosing personal information to the group. “What is shared at Friendlies, stays at Friendlies”.
- SENSITIVE SUBJECTS: At Friendlies we may share personal information with each other about our lives. Some of these topics may be of a sensitive nature or upsetting for some people and may not be appropriate for “morning thoughts”. The team are available to talk on a “one to one” basis to offer support.